Looking for wannabe FreeBSD/EC2 usersI want to use FreeBSD in Amazon EC2. Based on feedback I've had in the past, I know I'm not alone. Unfortunately there is some work which needs to be done in FreeBSD to make it work on EC2.
If you want to use FreeBSD on EC2, please send me an email with as much as possible of the following information:
- How many instances, of which types, would you expect to use?
- If you had to pick one or the other, would you prefer i386 support (32-bit -- EC2 small and medium instances) or amd64 support (64-bit -- EC2 large, XL, 2XL, and 4XL instances)?
- What purpose would you be using EC2 for (e.g., web servers, video encoding, high performance computing, et cetera)?
- What applications would you be running? (This is relevant for testing purposes.)
- Can you provide any funding for development? (If yes, how much can you contribute?)
To clarify that last point: The availability of development funding is useful both as a measure of community interest and for convincing FreeBSD developers to work on this -- I'm not personally looking for money from this, but I'm not able to do all the work required for this.
blog comments powered by Disqus